Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Facing Jesus Pics back from Carroll Lane....


"If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths,
you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast."  - Psalm 139:8-10


So often in my faith, I have felt God's presence, known the peace of the Holy Spirit, or relied on Jesus' guiding hand.  Yet, it's so easy to take all of these for granted.   Too many times, I want to do things myself, in my own way, or in my own time.  I don't surrender every thought, every word, or every action to God.  Yet, He asks and desires for us to do just that.  Having Carole's painting of Jesus in my kitchen the past few months, I have been physically reminded of a few things.  First, that Jesus is ALWAYS with us.  While this is something I teach daily to my little girls, I loved having a tangible reminder of this.  Second I was reminded that God wants to hear from us.  I found that with the painting, I prayed out loud to Jesus more often.  And looking into His eyes, I was reminded of the how amazing it is that I can have a true, personal relationship with my Creator.  Lastly, I was reminded that we are called to be holy as our Father is holy (1 Peter 1-15-16).  While that is a challenge I am humbled by each day, I was encouraged each time I looked at Jesus to remember that it is because of Him that I have the privilege to know God and become more like Him.

Thank you for sharing this ministry Carole!  It was an honor to have the painting of Jesus in my home.

Now the painting is off the next recipient.  Stay tuned for another update and pics of where it lands next for its next calling.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment