Friday, August 7, 2009

Pilgrim Jennifer Morrison had just returned from a mission trip and had this to say about her experience with "Facing Jesus":

Thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of the Facing Jesus tour. As you know, I got to spend some time in Ecuador the week prior to receiving the painting...it was perfect timing! In my quiet time during the two weeks with the painting and throughout my days since, I have spent much time reflecting on my experiences there in Ecuador and meshing that with my life here. I placed the painting of Jesus' face in my kitchen/family room area where I spend most of my time and do my daily "quiet time" . What kept resounding to me was just how freeing my personal relationship with the Lord is. No matter how this world and our culture tries to lull us into a state of complacency, comfort and even apathy in the routines of religion, I have complete peace in knowing that my Jesus is real. There is more to Him than our routines and rituals that we sometimes equate with being a Christian. The life He has called us to is not one made up of a list of do's and dont's filled with condemnation, but one of freedom, peace and true joy. He wants a personal relationship with each of us and loves us so much. This time has given me an even greater longing to see Him face to face and to do what He has called me to do while I remain on this earth. I pray that everyone who reads this will search their hearts and lives and if they don't know Him personally, they will call out to Him today. Thanks again for a wonderful opportunity. Jennifer Morrison
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, thank you so much for being a part of this ministry and sharing such amazingly touching words about your relationship with Christ and inviting others to walk closer to Him!

    ReplyDelete